Forbes has announced its 35th annual list of the world’s richest people for 2021.
The publication said the list now encompasses 2,755 people who are billionaires, 660 more than the prior year, with a record-high number of new names to make the cut — 493, many of whom come from China and Hong Kong.
There were 250 who had dropped off but have made a comeback.
A vast majority of people who had been on the 2020 list are richer than they were the previous year.
Former Amazon CEO and current executive chairman Jeff Bezos is once again the richest man in the world with a net worth of $177 billion. In 2020 he was worth $113 billion when he was at the top of that year’s rankings, Forbes reported.
Here are the rest of the top 10 richest people in the world and their net worth and the companies they lead, or in some cases general ways they made their fortunes.
2. Elon Musk, $151 billion, Tesla
3. Bernard Arnault and family, $150 billion, LVMH
4. Bill Gates, $124 billion, Microsoft
5. Mark Zuckerberg, $97 billion, Facebook
6. Warren Buffett, $96 billion, Berkshire Hathaway
7. Larry Ellison, $93 billion, software
8. Larry Page, $91.5 billion, Google
9. Sergey Brin, $89 billion, Google
10. Mukesh Ambani, $84.5 billion, diversified
To see the complete list, visit Forbes.
©2022 Cox Media Group