BOSTON — CVS Health announced Thursday it is doubling its drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites across the country, including 12 new testing sites in Massachusetts.
The tests involve self-swab test kits the customer uses while being monitored by a pharmacy employee. Most results will be available in two-to-three days.
A company spokesman told the Associated Press the drugstore chain is doubling its locations to prepare for a potential second wave of the virus and to be ready to deliver a vaccine, once one is approved by federal regulators.
CVS currently has 39 drive-thru testing sites in Mass. and the company said the additional 12 are set to open on Sept. 18 at the following CVS Pharmacy locations:
- 287 Springfield Avenue, Agawam
- 181 Brighton Avenue, Allston
- 207 Market Street, Brighton
- 355 Centre Street, Brockton
- 139 Endicott Street, Danvers
- 70 West State St., Granby
- 454 Electric Avenue, Lunenberg
- 220 Maple Street, Middleton
- 689 Depot Street, North Easton
- 4600 Washington Street, Roslindale
- 1075 Broadway Street, Saugus
- 453 Station Avenue, South Yarmouth
You can find a complete list of CVS testing sites here.
Download the free Boston 25 News app for up-to-the-minute push alerts