Brady throws three touchdowns as Patriots dismantle Dolphins

Patriots demolish Dolphins

MIAMI, Fla. — The New England Patriots roared to their second win of the 2019 season, crushing the Miami Dolphins, 43-0, in South Florida on Sunday.

The defending Super Bowl Champions were propelled by four offensive touchdowns - two on the ground and two in the air - and a pair of defensive scores.

Content Continues Below

The first throwing touchdown of the day for Tom Brady went to the newest addition to the Patriots: wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Brown hauled in a 20-yard touchdown reception along the left side of the end zone for his first score in a Patriots uniform. The strike came with 1:19 remaining in the first half and gave New England a two-score lead heading into halftime.

In total, Brown led all receivers with four receptions and 56 yards.

Sony Michel scored the first touchdown of the contest, plunging into the end zone on the Patriots' first drive of the game.

Brady found the end zone a second time on the day, this time scoring on a 1-yard run from the goal line in the third quarter to push New England's lead to 23-0. The quarterback finished the game 20-of-28 with 264 yards and three touchdowns.

The final touchdown of the day for Brady came on a 10-yard screen pass to James White with a little over two minutes remaining in the game.

Stephon Gilmore turned in the first touchdown of his career with just over 10 minutes remaining in the game, returning an interception 54 yards for the score. The following Miami drive, Jaime Collins picked off a tipped pass and returned it 69 yards for another New England touchdown.

Collins would end the game with his second interception of the day, this one coming in the red zone.

According to the Patriots, it was the first time since 2012 that the team had scored two defensive touchdowns in one game.

With the win, the Patriots move to 2-0 and earned their first shutout of the Dolphins in Miami in team history.

Offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn was injured in the game as he exited the contest with a foot injury in the first half. He did not return.