10 a.m. -
Normal operations have resumed and State Police said nothing hazardous was found during a sweep of the airport.
Martha’s Vineyard Airport has reopened and resumed normal operation after a reported threat earlier this morning. MSP and local agencies responded, MSP K9 swept the airport and found nothing hazardous.— Mass State Police (@MassStatePolice) July 9, 2019
The airport said in a statement that the bomb threat was phoned in around 6:05 a.m.
No other information on the specific nature of the threat has been released.
9:43 a.m. -
The airport says it has reopened, according to a tweet posted at 9:33 a.m. by Martha's Vineyard Airport Official.
The airport on Martha's Vineyard is currently closed due to a bomb threat, David Procopio, a state police spokesperson confirmed.
Procopio said in an email that the airport got the bomb threat earlier Tuesday morning and troopers have secured and closed it.
He said the airport would remain closed, pending a sweep by a K9 trained in detecting explosives.
Geoffrey Freeman, the airport's assistant manager, told Boston 25 News the airport was closed due to a "security emergency" around 6 a.m. No injuries have been reported, he said.
The Martha's Vineyard Times reports that emergency crews are staged around the perimeter of the airport and the Edgartown Police are blocking the entrance.
The airport is currently closed to all air and ground traffic. FlightAware shows no traffic arriving or departing from the island.
It's unclear exactly when the airport might open.
This is developing story. Check back for updates.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.