Unsealed documents list evidence collected in case of Lindsay Clancy, accused of killing her 3 kids

DUXBURY, Mass. — Newly unsealed documents in the case of Lindsay Clancy, the Duxbury mother who is accused of killing her three young children, reveal a detailed picture of the evidence recovered and why prosecutors believe the murders were premeditated.

32-year-old Lindsay Clancy was indicted on three counts of murder and strangulation charges last month after prosecutors say she used exercise bands to strangle her kids: Her 5-year-old daughter, Cora, her 3-year-old son, Dawson, and her 8-month-old baby, Callan, inside their Summer Street home before jumping out of a window in an attempt to take her own life.

Just two days before Lindsay Clancy is set to appear in court virtually from Tewksbury Hospital, the Plymouth District Court unsealed 299 pages of records that reveal eleven search warrants were issued back in January and were kept confidential. The warrants were used to collect exercise bands, medications, computers, notebooks, phones, a belt, a bathrobe, and pajamas. Other evidence collected in the search included a silver knife and several swabs taken from red and brown stains found throughout the home.

According to the documents, Clancy used her cell phone and her journal to document her mental state and her feelings about her children, in addition to keeping track of her medications, and researching ways to kill.

Other evidence taken includes samples of Clancy’s blood, urine, and swabs from underneath her fingernails.

Her attorney, Kevin Reddington, said his client had post-partum depression and was overmedicated at the time.

On January 24, 2023, Lindsay Clancy took her daughter to the pediatrician, played in the snow with her son and daughter, called ThreeV restaurant in Plymouth to order takeout food called CVS at 189 Summer Street in Kingston about stool-softener for children.

She also used Apple Maps on her phone “to determine the time it would take someone to travel from her home in Duxbury to ThreeV in Plymouth,” according to court documents.

Clancy texted her husband, Patrick Clancy to see if he could go and pick up the takeout and medication at CVS.

After arriving home, there was “silence,” and Patrick did not see or hear Lindsay or the children. Patrick then went to his bedroom on the second floor and found the door locked. He saw blood on the floor and noticed an open window, according to court documents.

He ran outside to the backyard, and found Lindsay on the ground, conscious and with cuts to her wrists and neck. He called 911.

Patrick Clancy allegedly found his children in the basement. All three had had exercise bands around their necks and died of “ligature strangulation,” ADA Jennifer Sprague said.

Cora and Dawson were pronounced dead at the hospital on January 24. Callan was flown to Boston Children’s Hospital with traumatic injuries and placed on life support but died on Jan. 27.

In May, Clancy was ordered to remain committed at Tewksbury State Hospital for at least six additional months. After the alleged murders, Reddington said that his client suffered serious spinal injuries that left her paralyzed.

Clancy is scheduled to be arraigned from Tewksbury Hospital on Thursday morning.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

Comments on this article