PITTSFIELD, Mass. — A Pittsfield man was arrested Tuesday morning by members of the FBI’s Western Massachusetts Joint Terrorism Task Force for his alleged role in the U.S. Capitol riot that took place on January 6 in Washington D.C. That man, identified as Troy Sargent, has been charged with the following:
- Forcibly Assaulting, Resisting, Opposing, Impeding Federal Officers
- Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder
- Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
- Knowingly Engaging in Disorderly or Disruptive Conduct in Restricted Building or Grounds
- Knowingly Engaging in Physical Violence in Restricted Building or Grounds
- Willfully and Knowingly Engaging in Physical Violence in Capitol Grounds or Buildings
Sargent will appear before a magistrate in Springfield on Tuesday afternoon. You can read the criminal complaint from the Sargent case in its entirety here.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.