Missing Cohasset mother: Everything you need to know as investigation continues

COHASSET, Mass. — The search for missing Cohasset mother, Ana Walshe, continues as the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office takes over the investigation.

Ana Walshe, 39, of Cohasset, was last seen around 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 1. She has three young children between the ages of two and six.

The husband of Ana Walshe, 46-year-old Brian Walshe, was arrested on Sunday for misleading police in their investigation into her disappearance, the DA’s office said. He faced a judge Monday and was ordered held on $500,000 bail.

“During the course of that investigation, police developed probable cause to believe that her husband Brian Walshe had committed the crime of misleading police investigators,” Morrissey said.

The disappearance of Ana, a 39-year-old real estate professional who works in Washington D.C., has garnered international attention, with state and local law enforcement traveling over the weekend to the nation’s Capital as part of their investigation.

“We received simultaneous reports from her employer in Washington, D.C., as well as her husband who lives here in Cohasset,” said Cohasset Police Chief William Quigley.

Family members told police she was supposed to take a rideshare to Logan Airport on New Year’s Day to fly to Washington, D.C., where she owns a home. Police said there is no evidence Ana got into a rideshare or that she boarded any flights.

In Cohasset on Sunday, several marked and unmarked police vehicles pulled into the driveway of the home Ana shares with her husband and three young children on Chief Justice Cushing Highway. Investigators were seen entering and exiting Walshe’s home throughout the morning.

A ground search of the area around Walshe’s home concluded Saturday, when 20 troopers from the MSP Special Emergency Response team, three K9 teams and the State Police Air Wing searched the area around Walshe’s home, state police said. Investigators also drained the pool at Walshe’s home and searched a nearby stream.

Cohasset police detectives and Massachusetts State Police detectives traveled to Washington, D.C. over the weekend as part of their investigation, working with the Metropolitan Police Department.

Ana’s employer, the Tishman Speyer real estate agency, earlier issued a statement saying, “We are actively assisting the local authorities in their ongoing search for our beloved colleague, Ana, and are praying for her safe return.”

According to police, Walshe had a ticket for a flight on Jan. 3, but she was called down earlier for a emergency at work.

Police said Walshe’s cell phone has been off since Sunday. She has also had no credit card or social media activity.

Police say there is no indication she ever arrived at Logan but had difficulties getting flight information due to the high volume of delays.

Early Friday afternoon, the Massachusetts State Police Special Emergency Response Team and a local police team began searching the area around the Stop and Shop on Chief Justice Cushing Highway (Route 3A).

Also Friday, Walshe’s former home went up in flames. Investigators said the fire was determined to not be suspicious, and it originated in the area of damaged piping connected to a natural gas fireplace insert.

Ana stands 5′2″ and weighs 115 pounds. She has brown hair, brown eyes, and an olive complexion. It is believed that she speaks with an Eastern European accent.

Anyone has seen Ana or has any information regarding her whereabouts is urged to call Cohasset Police Detective Harrison Schmidt at 781-383-1055 x6108 or email hschmidt@cohassetpolice.com.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW