Fire at former home of missing Cohasset mom determined not suspicious

COHASSET, Mass- — Firefighters responded to Jerusalem Road in Cohasset Friday afternoon after a large fire erupted at a home.

Around 2:15 p.m., Cohasset Fire and Police responded to 725 Jerusalem Road and smoke was seen coming from the attic of the home. Cohasset crews struck a second alarm shortly after arriving on the scene.

The four occupants of the home, three adults and a young child, safely got out. There were no injuries.

The home used to be owned by Ana Walshe, the missing mother of three that never arrived at Logan Airport on New Year’s Day. The home was sold on March 17, 2022 according to public records.

Cohasset Police Chief William Quigley told Boston 25 News reporter Bob Ward that the fire started in the attic and was called in by the family who currently lives in the home.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal tells Boston 25 that “Cohasset and State Investigators determined that this fire was not suspicious. It originated in the area of damaged piping connected to a natural gas fireplace insert.”

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

Comments on this article