Boston hotel evacuated due to high levels of carbon monoxide

BOSTON — A Boston hotel was evacuated Tuesday night due to high levels of carbon monoxide.

Crews responded to the Double Tree Hotel on Washington Street just before 10 p.m. for a report of a carbon monoxide leak, according to Boston Fire Commissioner Paul Burke. Arriving officers found that CO levels inside the hotel were extremely high and immediately began a large-scale evacuation.

All 257 fully occupied rooms of the hotel were evacuated while officials tried to identify the source of CO.

Commissioner Burke says despite over 500 people being led out of the building, there were no injuries.

A hotel guest who spoke with Boston 25 News says the evacuation was very orderly.

The cause of the high levels of CO is still under investigation, although fire officials say they believe the source came from a utility room.

It is unclear when guests will be able to return to their rooms.

No further information was immediately available.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

Comments on this article