2 taken to hospital after argument at Everett Chuck E. Cheese's

EVERETT, Mass. — Two people were taken to the hospital Monday from the Everett Chuck E. Cheese's, according to the fire department.

The company says the incident started as an argument between two adults, and escalated to the point where an object was thrown.

“I was just minding my business, doing my job. I look over, they start fighting. So I’m like ‘OK, I’ll go break it up.’ And then they just keep fighting, and it just escalated to something else,” employee Tristen Hope said. “When it started calming down, I guess something happened and her eyebrow got spilt open badly and started bleeding a lot, so that’s why everything started going crazy.”

Hope told FOX25 that a pregnant woman and young child were taken to the hospital.

"Thankfully, there were no serious injuries beyond what was determined to be a minor cut from an object thrown inside the restaurant," a Chuck E. Cheese's spokesperson said in a statement. "We pride ourselves on providing wholesome entertainment to families with young children and maintaining a safe experience for our guests and staff is a primary concern for us, just as it is top-of-mind for the families and parents who visit us."

Everett City Councilor Michael McLaughlin said he received several calls from people who were worried about seeing police at the family-oriented restaurant.

“Tonight I got several phone calls from residents, constituents, friends, concerned by seeing a large presence of first responders here at the Chuck E. Cheese’s," he said.

This is the second time in the past three months police have had a presence this Chuck E. Cheese's.

In December, five people were taken into custody after allegedly assaulting a police officer who responded for reports that alcohol was being consumed inside the business.


5 adults arrested after assaulting police at Everett Chuck E. Cheese

>> Want morning headlines delivered right to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter here