BOSTON — The 21-year-old woman who had a chimney fall on her in the North end last week may never walk again.
Erin Field was visiting her brother’s North End apartment on July 11 when the hammock she was lying in collapsed on top of her, pulling the chimney it was attached to with it.
Once rescue crews cleared the debris off her, Field was taken to Mass. General Hospital where she has undergone multiple surgeries, but may never regain full use of her limbs.
Field's family started a GoFundMe updating with the severity of her injuries, and they've already raised more than $40,000.
Field would have been a senior at Goucher College in Maryland and planned to go to London this fall to study abroad.
She remains in the ICU after surgery on her spine and will remain at Mass General for at least two more weeks before heading to a rehabilitation center.
© 2020 Cox Media Group