FREEMONT, NH — A Freemont family found a dangerous and unwelcome surprise when they went to open grapes over the weekend.
Jennifer Rydeen and her kids found a black widow spider in their organic red grapes Sunday evening. The grapes had been bought by Rydeen's husband at the Market Basket in Epping.
Rydeen said she first noticed the spider web in the bag, but didn't think too much of it. When she spotted the black widow, she began to panic.
The black widow is one of the most dangerous spiders in the world. The venom can cause severe health problems and, in some cases, death.
The Rydeen family ultimately killed the spider on the deck and called Market Basket to let them know what happened. The family was offered a full refund.
WARNING: This video is not for the squeamish
Cox Media Group