SHERBORN, Mass. — Sherborn police have suspended the search for two suspects who fled the scene of a crash after an attempted armed carjacking. Police believe the suspects have left the area.
Police say the crash happened Wednesday morning on North Main Street near Butler Street where one suspect allegedly tried to carjack a vehicle at gunpoint. Police say the crashed car was stolen from Sudbury earlier this week.
Both suspects are on the loose.
State police are also involved in the search. They say they no longer believe the suspects are in the car they took. They say the suspects may have fled from an earlier crash in Hopkinton.
Sherborn police told Boston 25 News just after 9:30 a.m. they now believe the two suspects have fled the Sherborn area.
Police say both suspects are Black males, approximately 6-feet, with heavy-set builds. One was wearing a camouflage top and the other was wearing a red hoodie.
Call 911 if you have any information.
North Main Street was closed but has since reopened. The Pine Hill School in Sherborn is closed for the day amid the search.
Nearby Natick High School and Memorial Elementary School were under a shelter-in-place due to the search. but have since lifted it.
Boston 25 News has learned Sherborn students who attend the middle and high schools, which are in Dover, are being told not to go to school today. The Pine Hill School is the only school that is closed for the day.
Boston 25 News has a crew on the scene working to learn more information.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
©2021 Cox Media Group