BOSTON — A new restaurant is opening Tuesday near Boston’s TD Garden in a space that once housed an iconic sports bar.
Just in time for Game 5 of the Celtics-76ers playoff series, Scores is opening at 166 Canal Street where the Four’s Restaurant & Sports Bar welcomed local sports fans for decades.
Scores will carry the torch for the next generation of gameday fans, concertgoers, and food and drink connoisseurs, a spokesperson for the restaurant said in an announcement.
Scores restaurant is described as a bi-level, 6,300-square-foot space that has been fully renovated, carefully bringing the iconic sports bar into the 21st century while keeping the original’s championship DNA intact.
The new layout boasts bold new furnishings, lights, sound, and fixtures that complement carefully restored brick and millwork. Fans can also enjoy 50 speakers and 33 big-screen televisions as large as 98 inches.
Much like the days of the Fours, patrons of the Scores will be surrounded by an unrivaled memorabilia and jersey collection, including the infamous villain wall, heroes from the Bruins, Celtics, Sox, Patriots, and more.
General manager Tyler Smith, a 15-year hospitality veteran, and executive chef Humberto Gallardo, who has spent the last 25 years honing his craft, will be offering up a robust food and drink menu.
Highlights from the menu include:
- “Tatum Tot” Poutine tater tots topped with brown gravy, cheese curds, bacon, and scallions
- Pork belly “Bao” Buns accompanied by seaweed salad, pickled red onions, and “citrus explosion” sauce
- Smashed “Title Town” burger topped with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, blue cheese, and bourbon aioli
- BBQ, mango-habanero, and Buffalo wings
- “Biz Z” flatbread with Guinness BBQ sauce, cherry peppers, and cheddar
- “Bam Bam Cam” flatbread with garlic sauce, mozzarella, mushrooms, roasted peppers, and onions
To wet the whistle, Scores will have six draught lines covering a mix of domestic and local craft beers. Bartenders will shake up creative signature cocktails and there also will be kid-friendly sips as well as “boozy” ice cream floats.
Scores will open daily from 4:00 p.m. through 2:00 a.m.
Scores also will host private and semi-private events ranging from 20 to 140 guests in the second-floor space, and full-buyouts for nearly 400 guests. Reservations will be available through Resy.
For more information, click here.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
©2023 Cox Media Group