MGH co-workers of Duxbury mom charged in deaths of her kids share words of support as GoFundMe grows

DUXBURY, Mass. — A group of employees at Massachusetts General Hospital who worked alongside Lindsay Clancy, the Duxbury woman charged in the deaths of her three young children, say she had been an “amazing mother, nurse, and friend” prior to last week’s tragedy that rattled several South Shore communities.

“As we move forward and strive to provide the best care for our mothers and babies, as Lindsay always had, we continue to share stories and memories of what an amazing mother, nurse, and friend Lindsay was to us all. We are a family. Lindsay was an incredible asset to that family that we will forever appreciate and love,” the 32-year-old mother’s “MGH Family” wrote in a GoFundMe post that included a $5,125 donation to her husband, Patrick Clancy.

The post indicated that the donation was made by Lindsay Clancy’s co-workers in the hospital’s postpartum, special care nursery, and NICU units.

Her co-workers added, “The halls may be quiet, but our hearts are speaking loudly in support of Patrick, Lindsay, and your entire family. We offer you this donation in addition to a promise to continue to share the wonderful stories about Lindsay, your babies, and the light that she brought to her patients in their most vulnerable times. We send you so much love and healing, and hope you know just how much her MGH family supports you all.”

The GoFundMe for Patrick Clancy has raised over $1 million behind more than 15,000 donations.

On Jan. 24, 5-year-old Cora Clancy and 3-year-old Dawson Clancy were strangled by their mother inside their Summer Street home by their mother, Plymouth District Attorney Timothy Cruz said. Her youngest child, 8-month-old Callan Clancy, was pronounced dead days later.

Police officers and firefighters first responded to the family’s home after a man, later identified as Patrick Clancy, returned home and called 911 to report his wife’s attempted suicide. Cruz said Lindsay Clancy survived a jump out of a second-story window. She was rushed to a hospital for treatment.

Patrick Clancy issued a statement this past weekend, asking people to forgive his wife for what transpired.

“I want to ask all of you that you find it deep within yourselves to forgive Lindsay, as I have. The real Lindsay was generously loving and caring towards everyone - me, our kids, family, friends, and her patients,” he wrote.

Lindsay Clancy is currently under police custody in a Boston hospital. On Thursday, Duxbury Police Chief Michael Carbone said in an email to Boston 25 News that he didn’t have a status on her condition.

She’ll be arraigned on murder charges upon recovering from the injuries she suffered last week.

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

Comments on this article