MASS — Most of us are unsuccessful in sticking with our fitness goals.
A recent survey published on insideoutmastery.com found the following:
- 48% of people surveyed want to exercise more
- 23% quit in the first week
- Only 36% make it past the first month
- Only 9% successfully keep their New Year’s resolutions
Kayla Mehr, owner of “Your Fit Mom” in Westwood says there 4 keys to keeping with your workout goals:
- SMART goals - make goals that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely.
- Visualization- post the goals where you can see them, for example on your mirror or fridge.
- Consistency - that’s key. the more you do it, the more it becomes a habit!
- Accountability - finding friends or a coach to hold you accountable so you don’t miss a workout!
Mehr stopped by the Boston 25 studios and showed us some ways to keep our fitness goals one month into New Year’s resolutions.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
©2023 Cox Media Group