BURLINGTON, Mass. - Burlington’s Board of Health never noted any violations involving chemicals at the Buffalo Wild Wings in the past 18 months, according to food establishment inspection reports obtained by Boston 25 News.
The restaurant’s general manager, Ryan Baldera, died Thursday while trying to clean up two chemicals that accidentally came in contact with each other at the restaurant. More than a dozen other employees and customers were hospitalized.
An inspector had visited the restaurant two days prior after a customer contacted the Board of Health to report he received undercooked wings. The inspector noted in her report, “No violations found with the cooking procedures as long as they are followed consistently.”
Routine inspections were performed at the restaurant in November and May 2018 and May 2019. None of the violations noted involved chemicals.
Two additional inspections were performed in 2019 — once in July after a customer reported getting sick after eating at the restaurant and again in September after another customer reported seeing a mouse. In both cases, the person in charge of the restaurant at the time immediately acted on the recommendations made by the inspector.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.