Artificial intelligence is taking automation to a new level at an increasing number of companies.
Here are five things to know about this technology, often called AI.
1. AI is computer software and hardware that allows machines to perform tasks that mimic human intelligence and perception.
>>Related: Ready to work with a smart robot? Some workers already are
2. AI technology includes machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing and computer vision. It can process massive amounts of data, come to conclusions about it and make decisions.
3. The technology can replace humans in some tasks, but will also create new jobs.
>> Related: Here’s how local companies use artificial intelligence right now
4. Experts say the human-machine pairing often achieves the best results in a task.
5. Many local companies in Dayton, Ohio, for example, develop, sell or use AI technology. They include the University of Dayton, Evanhoe & Associates, Mile Two, Galois Inc., Tangram Flex Inc., LexisNexis Legal and Professional, Yaskawa America Inc.’s Motoman Robotics Division, Huntington Bancshares, Kroger Co., Premier Health and Kettering Health Network.
Cox Media Group