Teen in critical condition after being dragged by car, 2 suspects arrested

BOSTON — Two men have been arrested in connection to a robbery that left a man in critical condition Friday night.

According to an investigation conducted by Boston Police and Massachusetts State Police, two suspects in a car met with the 18-year-old victim on Gallivan Boulevard in Dorchester late Friday night. Preliminary investigation suggests the suspects were meeting to buy a phone from the victim.

RELATED: Suspects accused dragging 18-year-old from car in Dorchester due in court

However, during the transaction, the victim was standing outside and reached to give one of the men the cellphone. When the victim put his arm through the window, the suspects closed it on his arm and then drove away at a high speed, dragging the victim for several blocks.

"There were a couple police cars in front of my house, ambulances over there, there were like two or three ambulances," said Ezra Williams, a neighbor.

Evidence suggests the car ran a red light a the intersection with Washington Street and continued to drive away from the scene.

The victim was later found on the ground on Gallivan Boulevard, just before Nevada Street, unresponsive with severe injuries.

Neighbors say they saw the evidence markers of where the young man was found.

"I think it’s awful, I think it’s God awful that something like that would happen you know over a cell phone," said Janet, who lives in the neighborhood.

Police and emergency crews continued to investigate the incident into Saturday night, at which point they identified the two suspects inside the car.

Dejon W. Barnes, 18, of Dorchester and Kenneth R. Ford, 23, of Roxbury, were arrested early Sunday morning at a house party on Phillips Street in Boston.

Both Barnes and ford are being charged with unarmed robbery but additional charges could be filed by the Suffolk DA's office.

They are currently being held at the State Police Barracks in Boston pending their arraignment Monday in Dorchester District Court.

Police have not identified the victim at this point, but say he is still in the hospital fighting for his life.