BUFFALO, N.Y. - Firefighters boarded a JetBlue flight that originated from Boston after the aircraft was forced to make an emergency landing in Buffalo, New York.
The flight was headed to San Diego, California, Thursday when crew members on-board suddenly fell ill.
In a series of videos posted to Facebook by a passenger from Lexington, we get a clear picture of what took place on-board.
Boston 25 News spoke with the passenger who said he still has a headache from breathing in the fumes.
A representative from JetBlue was seen announcing to passengers that the flight crew smelled an odor and that prompted the decision to divert the flight.
"They were saying that there was an incident on the plane where somebody was having a medical issue," passenger Michael Feuerstein said. "People were having headaches on the plane. There were children. The smell could be smelled from the wings of the plane to the actual back of the plane."
Another video shows firefighters equipped with detectors that boarded after landing. Passengers are also heard mentioning that they smelled gas.
A third video showed first responders tending to an ill flight attendant in the terminal.
A newspaper in Buffalo reports three JetBlue crew members were taken to a hospital for treatment.
The company brought in a new aircraft from New York City and passengers were allowed to continue on to their final destination.
The flight landed in San Diego at 5:10 a.m. eastern.
This is the second recent incident for JetBlue. A flight from Fort Lauderdale to Barbados was forced to return after several flight attendants became sick.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.