Puppy given narcan after eating heroin

Puppy given narcan after eating heroin

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio — A baby Pitbull in Ohio named Diesel had to be given narcan after accidentally eating heroin.

A vet that was called to the scene administered naloxone, the same medication used to block opiate effects in humans.

"When he arrived at the vet he was in bad shape. There's not a lot of data out there on heroin exposure to dogs, so we'll be watching him closely,” said Mark Kumpf, Montgomery County Ohio Animal Control Center Director:

Content Continues Below

An investigation into the incident shows that this isn't the puppy's first exposure to heroin, said police.

Diesel's owners are being charged with cruelty to animals.

RELATED: