Local

Two men held without bail after shooting that triggered shelter-in-place order in Lynn

LYNN, Mass. — Two men were held without bail following their arraignments on charges following a shooting that triggered a shelter-in place order in Lynn last week.

Anthony Guiterrez, 23, was arraigned Monday afternoon in Lynn District Court on charges including assault with a dangerous weapon with intent to murder, carrying a firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a building, and illegal possession of ammunition, according to the district attorney’s office.

Mark Paliy was charged with defacing a firearm serial number, unlawful possession of ammunition, improper storage of a firearm, possession of a large capacity firearm, possession of a firearm without an FID Card, the district attorney’s office said. Both Guiterrez and Paliy are being held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for Monday, Sept. 25 in Lynn District Court.

Guiterrez opened fire in the area of Commercial and Neptune streets around 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 13 and then fled on foot before officers were able to apprehend him, Lynn police said.

A preliminary investigation revealed that two people exited a black Lexus before Guiterrez, the driver, moved to the rear of the car and began to fire shots at a white Toyota Camry, according to Lynn Police Chief Christopher Reddy.

Residents and schools near Commercial Street, South Street, Market Square, and the Lynn Commons were asked to stay inside while investigators combed the area.

Members of the state police violent fugitive apprehension section tracked down Guiterrez in Salem and took him into custody.

Police didn’t say if anyone was injured in the shooting.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more information becomes available.

Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.

Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW

0
Comments on this article
0