BOSTON — All schools in the state of Massachusetts have been shuttered for until April 7. Boston Public Schools, however, will be in session Monday morning to allow final preparations for the extended closure.
During the closure, the City of Boston will provide free breakfast and lunch meals to all Boston students.
Here is information on how to get meals from the city of Boston:
Please not the following details:
- All pick-up sites are set up to be "grab and go".
- Practice social distancing (keeping six feet between yourself and others).
- Stay home if you are sick.
In a Sunday evening press conference, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker announced the following:
- All commercial health insurance carriers must allow providers to deliver services via telehealth
- Hospitals will postpone elective surgeries
- No visitors are allowed at nursing homes and longterm care facilities
- RMV will extend renewal timeline for certain credentials
- Requirements for unemployment claims will be relaxed
- Emergency registration will be filed to assist with unemployment benefits
- Gatherings with more than 25 people are prohibited (This does not apply to grocery stores and pharmacies).
- Restaurants, bars and establishments cannot permit onsite consumption. Food is to be consumed through takeout and delivery only.
- All public and private schools in Mass. will be closed from Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until April 7, 2020 (Meal services will still be available to families who need them).
© 2020 Cox Media Group