LOWELL, Mass. — One person was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a fire in Lowell early Saturday morning.
Fire officials say floors collapsed under the blaze when a heavy fire started in the back corner of the building on Mount Vernon Street near Cross Street and Broadway.
Dozens of people were reportedly evacuated from their homes.
Crews said the fire was contained to one building, but heat was going to be a concern as the sun came up Saturday morning.
Firefighters remained on scene to monitor hot spots.
© 2020 Cox Media Group