Massachusetts State Lottery Summer Quic Pic Sweepstakes 2019 Official Rules
1. GENERAL: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. By participating in the Summer Quic Pic Sweepstakes 2019 (the “Sweepstakes”), sponsored by the Massachusetts State Lottery Commission (the “Lottery"), located at 150 Mount Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA, the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes will take place for ten (10) consecutive Fridays (with the exception of July 5), starting on Friday, June 21, 2019 and ending on Friday, August 30, 2019, (collectively the “Sweepstakes Dates”, individually, an “Entry Period”), in the following locations (collectively the “Sweepstakes Locations”):
• June 21st in Andover
• June 28th in Braintree
• July 12th in Westborough
• July 19th in Dennis
• July 26th in Melrose
• August 2nd in Middleborough
• August 9th in Mattapan
• August 16th in Webster
• August 23rd in Bellingham
• August 30th Newburyport
The Executive Director reserves the right to change the Sweepstakes Dates or the Sweepstakes Locations if he deems it to be in the best interest of the Lottery to do so.
The Entry Period for each of the 10 dates of the Sweepstakes will be approximately 6:00 a.m. to approximately 9:30 a.m. All times in the Sweepstakes refer to Eastern Time. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Lottery, whose decisions are at its sole discretion and are binding and final. Failure to comply with these rules will result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal United States residents who are 18 years of age or older as of each of the Sweepstakes Dates. Employees of the Lottery, Cox Media Group Northeast, LLC d/b/a WFXT-TV (“Cox”), and family members of employees of the Lottery or Cox, including any spouse, child, brother, sister or parent residing as a member of the same household in the principal place of abode of any employee of the Lottery or Cox, and employees of the Lottery’s or Cox’s advertising agency, are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or to win a prize as a result of the Sweepstakes.
3. HOW TO ENTER: There is one (1) method of entry for the Sweepstakes, as follows: To participate in the Sweepstakes, entrants must be physically present at one of the Sweepstakes Locations, fill out completely and legibly an Entry Form (“Entry Form”), and have a designated representative from the Lottery’s Marketing Department place the Entry Form into the Lottery’s drum (the “Drum”). Any personally identifiable information that is submitted by an entrant as part of the Sweepstakes will not be shared and will be used solely for the purpose of notifying the winner and sending the entrant an invitation to join the Lottery’s Red Carpet VIP Club.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person on each Sweepstakes Date.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: At approximately 9:45 a.m. on each of the Sweepstakes Dates, a representative from the Lottery’s Marketing Department shall close the door to the Drum, spin it at least five (5) times, unlatch the door, and a member of the Boston 25 Morning News Zip Trip Crew will pull out one Entry Form. The selected Entry Form will be handed to a designated representative from the Lottery’s Marketing Department who will announce the name and city/town of residence that appears on the Entry Form. The selected Entry Form will be reviewed for eligibility by a representative of the Lottery’s Marketing Department. If the Entry Form is determined to meet all eligibility requirements, it will be deemed the winning entry. If the selected Entry Form does not meet all of the eligibility requirements, the process will be repeated until an Entry Form is selected that meets all of the eligibility requirements. The winner does not have to be present at the Sweepstakes Location when the winning Entry Form is chosen.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION/REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Winning a prize is subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these official rules. The winner shall be notified by the Lottery by the email address provided on the Entry Form. The winner must respond to the Lottery’s communication within thirty (30) days to be eligible to collect the prize. If any prize notification is undeliverable, the winner fails to respond within thirty (30) days or in the event of non-compliance with any of the Sweepstakes requirements, the prize shall be forfeited. No alternate winners will be selected. The Lottery shall not be responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible information on the Entry Form.
6. PRIZES: On each Sweepstakes Date, one prize winner shall receive a one year Quic Pic Season Ticket to the Lottery’s Megabucks Doubler game. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash and there are no substitutions for the prize. The actual retail value of the prize is $100. The prize is not transferable or refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Lottery, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Lottery in its sole discretion.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, the Lottery may, in its sole discretion, either (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Lottery reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Lottery reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Lottery to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees on behalf of itself and each of entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators (a) to release and hold harmless the Lottery, Cox, their respective constitutional office, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees, representatives, and successors and assigns (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (b) that Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Lottery, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at the Lottery’s sole discretion.
10. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Boston, Massachusetts, (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Massachusetts law, without reference to Massachusetts' choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
11. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT; OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the Sweepstakes winners, or for a copy of the Official Rules, available after the conclusion of the Lottery’s Summer Quic Pic Sweepstakes 2019, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Massachusetts State Lottery, Summer Quic Pic Sweepstakes 2019, 150 Mount Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA 02125. Please indicate whether you are requesting a list of winners or a copy of the Official Rules.
12. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of becoming a winner of the Sweepstakes are dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. There shall be one (1) winner on each Sweepstakes Date.
13. SPONSOR: The Massachusetts State Lottery Commission, 150 Mount Vernon Street, Dorchester, MA 02125.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.