Two retail staples are shuttering more stores.
An additional 96 Sears and Kmart stores across the country will be going out of business and will close by February.
The latest round of store closings by the parent company of the two iconic chains, Transformco, will close 51 Sears and 45 Kmart locations by early next year. Liquidation sales start Dec. 2, just days after Black Friday and Thanksgiving sales begin, USA Today reported.
Locally, two Kmart stores in Mass. will close, as well as two locations in New Hampshire:
- Kmart — 484 Boston Road — Billerica, Mass.
- Kmart — 252 Main Street — Acton, Mass.
- Kmart — 1267 Hooksett Rd — Hooksett, NH
- Kmart — 161 S Broadway — Salem, NH
Two Sears locations in Mass. and two in New Hampshire will close:
- Sears — 100 Commercial Rd — Leominster, Mass.
- Sears — 385 Southbridge Street — Auburn, Mass.
- Sears — 310 Daniel Webster Hwy Ste 102 — Nashua, NH
- Sears — 270 Loudon Rd — Concord, NH
After February, the company will have only 182 stores remaining, USA Today reported.
See below, or click here, for a complete list of the latest announcement of store closures:
© 2019 Cox Media Group.