Man and woman dead in Charlton shooting

Man and woman dead in Charlton shooting

CHARLTON, Mass. — Two people are dead after a shooting in Charlton on Saturday night, according to Worcester County District Attorney Joseph Early Jr.

Charlton Police and EMS responded to a 911 call around 7:15 p.m. at 28 Southbridge Road, the DA’s office said in a statement on Sunday.

Police were told that a couple was fighting in their bedroom. When first responders arrived, they found a man dead from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound and a woman with multiple gunshot wounds, the DA’s office said. She later died from her injuries.

Content Continues Below

The couple had been dating and living at the unit together with the woman’s child, who was home at the time the shooting happened, according to a next-door neighbor who did not want to be identified.

Their names are being withheld until family members are notified. The shooting is under investigation.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.