WORCESTER — After more than two years of delays, a trial date for the man accused of killing Amanda Dabrowski has been set.
On Tuesday, Worcester County superior court judge set a December 5th trial date, with jury selection to start on December 1st.
Amanda was murdered at O’Connor’s Restaurant in Worcester in July of 2019, allegedly at the hands of Carlos Asencio, a co-worker she dated briefly.
Several customers jumped in to restrain Asencio who, police say, repeatedly stabbed Amanda in front of diners.
Last month, defense attorney Robert Griffin told the judge he intends to pursue an insanity defense for his client.
The case was delayed by pandemic related court closures and a psychiatric evaluation Asencio is undergoing.
Amanda’s parents, Ed and Beth Dabrowski, told 25 Investigates they’re glad a trial date was finally announced and added they “put it in the hands of the jury, then the state and ultimately in the hands of our Lord.”
25 investigates has followed Amanda Dabrowski’s case since the beginning. Our extensive coverage received a regional Edward R. Murrow Award for news documentary in 2021.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
Follow Boston 25 News on Facebook and Twitter. | Watch Boston 25 News NOW
©2022 Cox Media Group