• Former FBI employee accused of sexual assault found dead

    By: Bob Ward


    A man about to go on trial for a brutal child rape case in Massachusetts was found dead in a New York City hotel room.

    The FBI tells Boston 25 News reporter Bob Ward that Jeffrey R. Wilson, the defendant in this case, was an FBI employee in the New York office. He was terminated when he was charged in the case.

    Wilson was due in court on Monday for his trial, but over the weekend he was found dead in a New York City hotel room of apparent suicide. 

    The disturbing charges against Wilson are detailed in the indictments. 

    Wilson was facing two counts of child rape with force, and six counts of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 years old.

    There are two victims in this case, and the attacks allegedly occurred in Grafton, Massachusetts. The alleged attacks dated back to 1998 and continued to 2006.

    Wilson was free on $5,000 cash bail and due back in court Monday for a plea agreement.

    Instead, Wilson was found dead in Queens, New York over the weekend. It is believed, rather than plead guilty in Worcester on Monday, Wilson killed himself Saturday night.

    Court records indicate at the time of his arrest, Jeffrey Wilson was employed by the New York Office of the FBI working computer investigations.

    The New York FBI confirmed at the time of his death, Wilson was no longer working for them, but court records indicate, when the FBI was informed of the indictments against Wilson, the federal agency conducted its own investigation.

    In Worcester Superior Court Monday morning, the district attorney's office notified the judge of Wilson's apparent suicide, and the case was effectively closed as the prosecution of Wilson could not go forward.

    Bob Ward spoke to Jeffrey Wilson's attorney Monday who told him he was surprised by this apparent suicide. He said a deal was worked out that in return for his guilty plea, Wilson would get a sentence of 18 months in the House of Correction plus probation, but he would not get a lengthy prison sentence.

    Instead, Jeffrey Wilson is dead, and the case is closed.

    Next Up: