• 1 victim dies after apparent road rage shooting on Expressway


    BOSTON - It's been more than 48 hours since a father and son riding their motorcycles on I-93 were shot in an apparent act of road rage, and while sources tell Boston 25 News that a suspect is in custody, police have not charged anyone.

    On Tuesday, coworkers in the Millwrights union identified the shooting victims as Scott Stevens Sr. and Scott Stevens Jr. Stevens Sr. is expected to survive, but his son died Tuesday.

    "Very hard workers, they're always there leading from the front and setting an example," union member Jim Thompson said. "It hits everybody."

    Both victims are members of the union, and those they work with are doing whatever they can to help, including collecting donations. One longstanding tradition within the union is signing a card.

    “You pass the cards around so that everybody has a chance to show their love and support,” Thompson said. "Usually if its somebody's sick or gets hurt at work and this is a big one."

    Sources tell 25 Investigates that a suspect, 30-year-old Lance Holloman, was taken into custody early Monday morning.

    Holloman is also connected to a deadly shooting that occurred in Dorchester several hours after the highway shooting Sunday night, sources tell 25 Investigates. Police have only said that the victim in that shooting was a female.

    PREVIOUSExpressway shooting connected to deadly Dot incident, sources say

    Holloman was taken into custody in Franklin after waving a police officer down and screaming for help. According to Franklin PD he initially provided a false name. He was later transferred into Boston police custody for outstanding warrants on gun charges.

    25 Investigates has learned Holloman previously served two years of a six year sentence for a federal drug conviction, but that conviction was later vacated as part of a tainted evidence case at the Massachusetts crime lab involving Annie Dookhan.

    The U.S. Attorney's Office says that though Holloman wouldn't have been incarcerated had his drug conviction stood, he would have been on supervised release.

    RELATEDState crime lab investigation could cost the state millions

    Next Up: