• Brand new Samsung Galaxy explodes while Winthrop ambulance medics sleep

    Updated:

    WINTHROP, Mass. - A local ambulance service had to call the fire department when one of their new phones exploded. 

    Sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 have been halted after batteries began catching fire while charging and that's apparently what happened at Action Ambulance Service in Winthrop. 

    The medics woke to a brand new phone that had apparently exploded while being charged. 

    It triggered the fire alarm and the Winthrop Fire Department showed up to check things out. 

    Fortunately, there was no damage beyond the destroyed phone and a scorch marked desk. 

    The ambulance service is warning people to be careful with these phones if they've purchased one. 

    Next Up: