Tyngsborough police arrest suspect who caused shelter in place order in Hudson, NH

Tyngsboro Police arrest suspect who caused shelter in place order in Hudson, NH

HUDSON, NH — The suspect that caused a shelter in place to be ordered in Hudson, N.H. has been arrested in Tyngsboro, Mass., according to the Chief of Tyngsboro Police. He was taken into custody without incident.

That suspect, identified as Mark Pellerin, 45, of Hudson, N.H., has been charged with breaking and entering, and as a fugitive from justice by Tyngsboro PD. Police arrested Pellerin after he barricaded himself in a trailer.

Officials say he gave himself up to a SWAT team at the time of his arrest; he was unharmed when taken into custody.

Content Continues Below

Police in Hudson, N.H. asked residents in the area surrounding Sullivan Road off of Route 111 to shelter in place on Sunday afternoon as they searched for Pellerin. That order has since been lifted.

Pellerin was considered armed and dangerous by Hudson Police. They said that there was also an active warrant out for his arrest on multiple felony charges, police say.

Officers responded to a residence on Greenfield Drive Sunday afternoon after Pellerin's spouse called police and notified them that the suspect was in her home. Pellerin is barred from having contact with his spouse via a restraining order from early November.

Upon arrival, Pellerin fled into the nearby woods. Police searched the area for him, but said he had escaped the area. Police in Tyngsboro are currently unsure how Pellerin got to the town from Hudson.

Police in New Hampshire have determined that Pellerin forced entry into his spouse's home. The victim also noted that her firearm was missing after she called police.

Pellerin has been described as a 40-year-old white male wearing a black hooded-sweatshirt. He was last seen fleeing from police; law enforcement says he may be hiding in the surrounding woods and ask residents in the nearby neighborhoods to stay in their homes with their doors secured.

A reverse 911 call was made to residents in the area.