• Kevin Spacey faces criminal charge stemming from alleged sexual assault

    Updated:

    Kevin Spacey, former ‘House of Cards’ actor, is set to be arraigned in Nantucket District Court on January 7 on a charge of indecent assault and battery, according to court documents. The criminal complaint stems from the alleged July 2016 sexual assault of a teenager in a Nantucket bar.

    According to an official document from Trooper Gerald F. Donovan of the Cape and Islands State Police Detective Unit, detectives interviewed the alleged victim, William N. Little, on November 22, 2017.

    Little is the son of former WCVB-TV anchor Heather Unruh.

    Related: Former Boston news anchor says son was assaulted by Kevin Spacey

    In the interview, Little allegedly told detectives that he was sexually assaulted by Spacey in Nantucket's Club Car, where Little was working as a bus boy.

    Little was 18 years old at the time of the alleged indecent assault and battery, which took place during the night of July 7 and the morning of July 8.

    After working at the restaurant that night, Little was introduced to Spacey. Spacey, 59, allegedly bought the underage teenager multiple alcoholic drinks throughout the night, before the alleged assault occurred.  

    >>>MORE: LA prosecutors investigate another Kevin Spacey assault case

       Unruh publicly accused spacey of assaulting her son during a news conference last year. Speaking to that room of reporters,Unruh admitted her son was starstruck by the Hollywood actor, who told Little thta he was old enough to drink even though he was only 18.

    Then, Unruh claims, Spacey molested her son in the middle of the dimly lit room.

    "Spacey stuck his hands inside my sons pants and grabbed his genitals," Unruh said.

    "Nothing could have prepared my son for how that sexual assault would make him feel as a man."

    Eventually, a woman who witnessed the alleged assault told Little to run when Spacey went to the bathroom, court documents say. He went to his grandmothers house and told his sister what happened.

    Attorney Mitchell Garabedian, who represents Little in the case, released a statement on the matter on Monday afternoon. 

    “The complainant has shown a tremendous amount of courage in coming forward. Let the facts be presented, the relevant law applied and a just and fair verdict rendered,” the attorney said.

    “Because of the pending criminal matter I have no further comment.”

    Related: Los Angeles prosecutors reviewing Spacey sex assault case

    If found guilty, Spacey faces up to five years in state prison, and will have to register as a sex offender. 

    And within the last few hours, Spacey shared a "House of Cards" inspired video of himself as his Frank Underwood character. Spacey's video titled "Let me be Frank" comes after being silent on social media for more than a year.

    The video was released moments after the charges were announced, but there was no word on what it's in reference to.   

    Spacey has also been accused of sexual misconduct by nearly a dozen men.

    Kevin Spacey returns to social media with video, faces felony charge

     

    Next Up: