Boston 25 Morning News will kick-off the 15th season of Zip Trips with a live broadcast in Peabody at Emerson Park on Friday, June 22 from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Boston 25 Morning News team has visited 235 cities and towns during the long-running Zip Trips and will make stops this summer in Peabody, Weymouth, Fitchburg, Franklin, Medford, Uxbridge, Chatham, East Boston, Billerica and Duxbury.
Boston 25 News anchors Gene Lavanchy, Elizabeth Hopkins, Sara Underwood, Daniel Miller, Meteorologist Shiri Spear and Boston 25 Around Town Host Michele Lazcano will host the summer-long broadcasts.
“I can’t believe it's Zip Trip time again, our fifteenth season,” said Lavanchy. “We’re looking forward to meeting the people and visiting the places that make our Zip Trip communities so special. Zip Trips have become a staple of summer and one of our favorite parts of the job.”
Interviews with newsmakers, special guests, hometown teams and local heroes are featured.
“It’s great to bring my forecast and our show on the road,” Spear added. “Meeting the people and hearing about what makes their hometown a great place to live is a highlight for me.”
Neighbors, residents and kids of all ages are invited to share their hometown pride and be part of Boston 25’s live audience. The festival-like atmosphere also includes activities for kids, games, and fun.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a box of healthy cereal to benefit local food pantries.
On-air Features Include:
• Around Town: Explore hidden gems, and little-known landmarks.
• Dine Around Town: Where the locals eat!
• Firehouse Fridays: The city’s finest will be honored for all they do.
• Zip Trip Jr. Reporter: We’ll select a young viewer from the crowd to ask the questions!
• Home Town Hero: Meet the local unsung hero who helps out whenever needed!
• Home Town Team: A super salute to a standout team.
© 2020 Cox Media Group