If you find you are missing an ingredient or two come Thanksgiving morning, there is a good chance a grocery store near you will be open Thursday, at least for part of the day.
Below is a list of Thanksgiving Day openings, closings and store hours for national grocery store chains.
Some stores do not follow national opening/closing hours. Some state laws prohibit stores from being open on a holiday. Be sure to check with your local stores for times.
Grocery stores open on Thanksgiving
- ACME: Most stores open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Albertson’s: Contact your local store for hours
- Cub Foods: Most stores open 24 hours
- Fairway Market: Most stores open from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Food Lion: All stores open regular hours
- The Fresh Market: All stores open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Giant Eagle: Most stores open until 3 p.m.
- Hannaford: Some stores open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Harris Teeter: All stores open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- H-E-B: All stores open 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hy-Vee: Some stores close at 2 p.m.
- Kroger: Many stores open 24 hours. Some stores open 6 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Ralphs: Most stores open 5 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Rite Aid: Most stores open. Call for hours
- Safeway: All stores open. Call for hours
- Save Mart: All stores close at 5 p.m.
- Shaws: Most stores open 7 a.m. to midnight
- Shoprite: Most stores open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sprouts Farmers Market: All stores open 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wegmans: Most stores open 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Whole Foods: Many stores open at 7 a.m., closing as early as 2 p.m. Call for hours.
Grocery stores closed on Thanksgiving:
© 2021 Cox Media Group