• Firefighters put out overnight fire at Lawrence auto repair shop

    By: Manoella Macedo

    Updated:

    LAWRENCE, Mass. - Firefighters in Lawrence worked overnight to put out a fire that broke out at an auto repair shop.

    The fire, which broke out early Friday morning, took over five hours to be put out. 

    Smoke, which was visible on Broadway Street seemed to have come from the back of the building, where the blaze likely originated.

    It doesn't seem any vehicles in Compare Motors were damaged by the fire, but firefighters are still unsure of the damage to the inside of the building.

    The conditions of the fire made it very difficult and dangerous for crews to put it out.

    At around 4:30 a.m., crews were seen boarding up the building and leaving the scene.

    No injuries were reported.

    The fire remains under investigation.

    >> RELATED: Apple recalls some 15-inch MacBook Pros because of battery hazard, fire risk

    Next Up: