BOSTON — On August 1, fare collection on The RIDE will resume.
The RIDE implemented temporary changes in an effort to protect the health and safety of customers and employees during the coronavirus pandemic.
Those changes included:
- The elimination of shared trips
- The closing of the eligibility Center for in-person appointments
- Adjustments to booking windows
- Elimination of transfer trips
- Cleaning and disinfecting of RIDE vehicles every 24 hours
Fare collection was temporarily suspended after the MBTA implemented mandatory rear-door boarding due to the coronavirus pandemic.
On July 20, after safety protocols were put in place, fare collection on buses and trolleys at street-level stops resumed with front-door boarding.
All RIDE customers are advised to check their account balances to ensure they have sufficient funds for travel.
Cox Media Group