MANCHESTER, N.H. — A Manchester wrestling coach who was accused of illicit behavior the day before his unattended death has been cleared of criminal conduct by police.
Last month, the New Hampshire Union-Leader investigated claims made in a letter that Jason Cumming had inappropriate interactions with student-athletes. The letter reportedly contained the accusation that Cumming was grooming teenagers for sexual abuse.
Just a day after that letter was sent, police say Cumming was found dead at his home. The cause of death has not been officially released, but police have said his death is not considered suspicious. They have not confirmed nor ruled out suicide.
One parent who spoke to the Union-Leader said she had been listed as a chaperone on a trip when she had not agreed to be a chaperone for Cumming and the two teenage girls who traveled to a wrestling event in New York.
However, other parents and former students told the paper they had never experienced inappropriate behavior with the coach.
In a release Thursday, Manchester police announced officers had completed an investigation into Cumming's actions and found, "there is nothing to indicate that Cummings did anything inappropriate or criminal."
Manchester police cited the allegations in the letter and said the claims were "unfounded."
Cox Media Group





