WEEKEND WARM UP
As promised, temperatures will be much warmer Friday. You will still need a jacket before heading out for your commute, we warm to the mid 40s by the afternoon. A spot shower will be possible late tonight, most will stay dry for any Friday night plans though. Saturday will be warmer in the 50s, it also features rain early in the day.
MORE UNSETTLED WEATHER
There are some changes to talk about this weekend. High pressure will nudge a storm system further south, allowing us to see some sunshine Saturday afternoon. It won't be as wet, in fact it is shaping up to be a nice day for getting in any holiday shopping or outdoor events.
Another system arrives Sunday, this threatens to bring rain and a mix of snow and ice for some. The greatest risk for a wintry mix will be the higher elevations, mainly north of Route 2. How much precipitation we see and where will depend on the track of this storm, stay with us as we fine tune this forecast.
- Check school closings and delays
- In Boston's booming Seaport, the namesake is also the threat
- Hurricane, tropical storm and tropical depression: What's the difference?
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- Lightning safety: How close do you have to be to get struck?
- How the grounds crew transforms Fenway Park during off season
- Killington harnessing power of cows, the sun in renewable energy efforts
WATCH BOSTON 25 NEWS
© 2018 Cox Media Group.