Heat and humidity for another day Tuesday with highs well into the 80s, even 90 in some towns, after any morning fog lifts.
The weather will deteriorate in the afternoon from northwest to southeast as a strong cold front arrives. There will be developing thunderstorms with torrential rain, gusty (possibly damaging) winds, and frequent lightning. Have indoor backup plans from 2 PM through the evening.
MID WEEK IMPROVEMENTS
A few showers may linger over southeastern MA when you wake up Wednesday. Drier air will move into the region and you'll find brightening conditions. By afternoon I expect a return to sunshine along with more comfortable temperatures in the lower 80s.
Seasonable and bright conditions will last through Saturday.
- In Boston's booming Seaport, the namesake is also the threat
- Hurricane season is officially here: How much damage will 2018 bring?
- Hurricane, tropical storm and tropical depression: What's the difference?
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- Will a hurricane be named after you this season? 2018 storm names are here
- Lightning safety: How close do you have to be to get struck?
- How the grounds crew transforms Fenway Park during off season
- Killington harnessing power of cows, the sun in renewable energy efforts
WATCH BOSTON 25 NEWS
© 2018 Cox Media Group.