STORM THREAT TODAY
Clouds thickened up this afternoon. It remained warm and muggy with highs in the low- to mid-80s and upper-70s along the coast.
A front now moving through the Boston 25 News viewing area is bringing the risk for showers and storms. Some storms could be strong to severe. The main threats include heavy rain, frequent lightning, strong winds and even a low threat for tornadoes. Make sure you are prepared for quickly changing weather conditions!
There will be a few downpours early Saturday, we keep mostly cloudy skies through the afternoon. A cold front approaches that will bring another round of showers and storms Saturday afternoon. Some storms could be on the stronger side, make sure you have a back up plan for any outdoor activities! Rain will wind down Saturday evening, cooler temperatures return for early next week with highs in the 70s.
An area of low pressure will stick around Sunday and Monday, this will throw some clouds our direction. There could be a few spot showers along the Cape and South Shore early Sunday.
- In Boston's booming Seaport, the namesake is also the threat
- Hurricane season is officially here: How much damage will 2018 bring?
- Hurricane, tropical storm and tropical depression: What's the difference?
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- Will a hurricane be named after you this season? 2018 storm names are here
- Lightning safety: How close do you have to be to get struck?
- How the grounds crew transforms Fenway Park during off season
- Killington harnessing power of cows, the sun in renewable energy efforts
WATCH BOSTON 25 NEWS
© 2018 Cox Media Group.