WINTER BREAK TODAY
Temperatures are running much milder than normal for the middle of December....highs today in the low to mid 50s will feel springy compared to where we have been.
High pressure will nudge any rain southward today, leaving us with a dry Saturday afternoon. This will be the better of the two days this weekend to get in any holiday shopping or outdoor events.
Another system arrives Sunday, this threatens to bring rain and a mix of snow and ice for some. The greatest risk for light accumulations will be the higher elevations, mainly north of Route 2. Right now only an inch or two is expected, but any untreated surfaces could get slippery as a mix of sleet, snow, and even freezing rain will be possible. The storm producing this mix will intensify off the coast into Monday, bringing the threat for snow all the way east to the Greater Boston area for the Monday morning commute. Roads will be warm enough to prevent widespread problems for Boston, but visibility may be reduced and some slushy travel a concern. Stay with Boston 25 News for updates on the storm's track and strength.
- Check school closings and delays
- In Boston's booming Seaport, the namesake is also the threat
- Hurricane, tropical storm and tropical depression: What's the difference?
- 5 hacks to keep your smartphone charged during a power outage
- Lightning safety: How close do you have to be to get struck?
- How the grounds crew transforms Fenway Park during off season
- Killington harnessing power of cows, the sun in renewable energy efforts
WATCH BOSTON 25 NEWS
© 2018 Cox Media Group.