Southie double murder suspect cleared background, reference checks, company says

The company that hired the now double murder suspect to be a concierge at a high-end condo in South Boston said there’s simply no way it could have known about his criminal history.

BOSTON — The company that hired the now double murder suspect to be a concierge at a high-end condo in South Boston said there’s simply no way it could have known about his criminal history.

Bampumim Teixeira, 30, now faces two murder charges in Friday night’s gruesome slaying of two prominent and engaged doctors inside their Dorchester Avenue condo.

For a brief time, Teixeira worked as a concierge at the victims’ building.

Content Continues Below

“Our company hired Bampumin Teixeira after we performed background and reference checks, which were clean,” Palladion Services said in a statement. “He worked at the Macallen property for approximately three weeks, more than a year ago. He was hired from October 2015 and his employment ended April 2016.”

In 2014 Teixeira robbed a bank, but he did not get convicted until after he robbed the same bank last year, after leaving Palladion Services.

The Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office said Teixeira has been a legal permanent resident in the United States since 2010, and the DA’s office responded to questions about whether his less-than-one-year prison sentence allowed him to stay in the country.

“It has been suggested that Teixeira would have been automatically deported had he received a different sentence: This suggestion is simply inaccurate,” the District Attorney’s Office said in a statement. “… for this defendant, they obtained a nine-month committed sentence followed by three years of court supervision on a case that involved no weapon, no actual use of force, and no injuries, with a defendant with no criminal record.”

A joint memorial service for Dr. Lina Bolaños and Dr. Richard Field is scheduled for the end of the week.