Police identify dead in standoff at hotel in Manchester, New Hampshire

Police identify dead in standoff at hotel in Manchester, New Hampshire

MANCHESTER, N.H. — The people killed in a standoff with police in a Manchester, New Hampshire hotel room this week have been identified, but their cause of death is still under investigation.

Christian St. Cyr, 27, and Brandie Tarantino, 21, were found dead inside the hotel room, according to police.

The medical examiner in New Hampshire was set to perform autopsies on them Friday, March 29 to determine their cause of death.

Content Continues Below

Stephen Marshall, 51, died of "multiple gunshot wounds to the trunk and extremities," according to the medical examiner's office. He was shot and killed in a gun fight with Drug Enforcement Administration Agents before the standoff started, according to police.

St. Cyr and Tarantino were barricaded in a hotel room for nearly 14 hours inside the Quality Inn after the gun battle, according police and the attorney general's office.

In a release hours after the incident was considered 'resolved', police said all three people involved in an altercation with police at the Quality Inn were dead.

In a news conference later in the day, officials said Marshall jumped out a window when police first arrived and was killed after an exchange of gunfire.

Marshal was allegedly armed with a silver semi-automatic weapon and began firing at DEA agents, police said. Officers then fired back, injuring Marshall. He was taken to an area hospital, but died shortly after.

Marshall had outstanding warrants, but police declined to reveal what they were.

Police say when they finally gained entry to the room at 10:15 a.m., they found St. Cyr and Tarantino dead. The attorney general's office said it was not immediately clear how they had died and declined to release any specific information.

The hotel is near Interstate 293 in a busy area that includes a shopping mall. Police had evacuated the hotel and a nearby restaurant Wednesday night.

Officials declined to discuss Marshall's criminal past earlier in the week, but court documents dating back a decade show the 51-year-old Nashua man had been arrested at least a dozen times, with multiple drug and theft cases on his record. He also had been charged with resisting arrest, bail jumping and DUI.

Marshall routinely failed to appear in court, and was wanted when authorities found him hiding out at the Quality Inn in Manchester Wednesday.

No officers were injured.