BOSTON — The Boston Athletic Association has announced 43 organizations chosen to participate in the charity program for the 2020 Boston Marathon.
Charities in this program raised a collective $250 million since the launch of it in 1989.
A total of $20.3 million was raised last year alone.
The B.A.A.’s official charities began accepting registration submissions in September. For more information on all 43 charities among the Boston Marathon Official Charity Program, and to apply to participate in the 2020 Boston Marathon as a member of one of their teams, please visit www.baa.org.
Here's the list:
• Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
• Brigham and Women's Hospital
• 261 Fearless, Inc.
• American Liver Foundation, N.E. Division
• American Red Cross of Massachusetts
• B.A.A. Charity Team
• Back on My Feet
• Boston Bruins Foundation
• Boston Celtics Shamrock Foundation
• Boston Children's Hospital
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Dorchester
• Camp Shriver at UMass Boston
• Community Rowing
• CYCLE Kids, Inc.
• Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism, Inc.
• Dream Big!
• Esplanade Association
• Girls on the Run Greater Boston
• Good Sports, Inc.
• Herren Project
• IMPACT Melanoma
• John M. Barry Boys & Girls Club of Newton
• The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
• Martin Richard Foundation - Team MR8
• Massachusetts Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
• MEB Foundation
• MetroWest YMCA
• Michael Lisnow Respite Center • Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation
• National MS Society, Greater New England Chapter
• New England Patriots Foundation
• Red Sox Foundation
• Scholar Athletes
• Semper Fi Fund
• Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
• TB12 Foundation
• Tedy's Team
• Tenacity, Inc.
• Thompson Island Outward Bound
• Trinity Boston Connects
• Tufts Medical Center
© 2020 Cox Media Group