Police arrest alleged gunman in shooting at McDonald's parking lot

METHUEN, Mass. — A Lawrence man was arrested in connection with a Methuen shooting that occurred Monday night, according to Methuen Police Chief Joseph Solomon.

Henry Infante, 42, of Lawrence was taken into custody Tuesday evening after remaining at large throughout the day.

On Monday night, Jose Caballero of Methuen arranged to meet up with a prospective buyer to sell them Honda car doors around 11 p.m. Caballero originally conversed with the buyer, a woman, online through the website OfferUp.

However, when Caballero went to meet up with the buyer, he was met by a group of at least ten men. The group, separated into in several different cars, ambushed Caballero and shot at him 11 times, hitting him with three bullets.

Caballero was able to make his way into the McDonald's from the parking lot and begged for help. At that point, a Good Samaritan inside took him inside and provided first aid care before the ambulance arrived.

>>>MORE: Police: Man critically wounded after being shot in vehicle in Roxbury

"It’s obvious the man knew what he was doing," said Chief Solomon of the helping bystander. "He provided first aid, applied pressure, put clothing on the wounds. So we’d like to thank that individual for his heroic actions.”

Law enforcement later identified Infante as the shooter, arresting him on Tuesday evening. Lawrence Police acted with Methuen PD, Mass State Police, the U.S. Marshals and the Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section Unit.

Infante faces charges of assault to murder, assault with a dangerous weapon, possession of a firearm without a license, discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, and illegal possession of ammunition.

Yolanda Hernandez, 41, of Lawrence, was also arrested in connection with the shooting. Police charged her with assault and accessory after the fact. Authorities said she drove the car to and from the scene and assaulted the victim's girlfriend.

During her arraignment on Tuesday, prosecutors alleged Hernandez took the victim's girlfriend's car keys and said, "You're not going anywhere."

Witnesses to the shooting gave police the registration of the cars involved, which led to two suspects -  Infante and Hernandez.

Before the shooting, the group of men allegedly began asking Caballero where he got the doors he intended to sell. Then they became aggressive, before shooting Caballero. He is expected to survive.

The car doors were left on the scene, according to court documents. When police ran the VIN number, it led back to Yolanda Hernandez.

>>>MORE: Police investigating shooting in Mattapan

Caballero says he got the doors from a junkyard about a month and a half ago in either Haverhill or New Hampshire.

Chief Solomon also took the opportunity to warn people meeting up for online sales to be safe and to do so at a police station.