WORCESTER, Mass. — The city of Worcester is hoping the public has a safe Halloween and in addition to candy, is handing out safety tips for residents.
City officials say trick-or-treating time will take place on Monday, October 31, between 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
To ensure the holiday stays fun and safe for everyone, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Choose bright colors that make your child more visible in the dark.
- Provide children with flashlights and make sure they can see through masks/makeup.
- Establish a pre-planned route and only visit houses that have porch lights on.
- Be a safe pedestrian. Look both ways and use established crosswalks.
- Inspect candy and treats before consumption.
Drivers are also reminded to use caution during this time due to the large number of children and parents roaming the roads.
Download the FREE Boston 25 News app for breaking news alerts.
©2022 Cox Media Group