BOSTON — Governor Charlie Baker’s statewide stay-at-home advisory has officially gone into effect, meaning residents are asked to stay home as much as possible to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
With all non-essential businesses closed, people are looking for ways to keep themselves and their families entertained. The City of Boston is allowing people to enjoy some of its best attractions virtually:
- Boston Public Library: Thousands of audiobooks, magazines and more are available online.
- Boston Children’s Museum: Take a virtual tour and explore the three floors of exhibits at the museum. There are also resources for play and learning.
- Museum of Science: Love math and science? Check out free STEM webinars.
- New England Aquarium: Check out the Aquarium’s website for daily activities, live presentations, and virtual exhibit visits.
- Museum of Fine Arts: Enjoy the beautiful collections at Boston’s Museum of Fine Arts.
- Boston Symphony Orchestra: See online performances and videos from musicians playing at home.
- USS Constitution Museum: Are you a history buff? Take virtual tours, try online activities and browse collections of artifacts.
- Franklin Park Zoo: Check out live videos featuring the zoo’s animals, arts, and crafts.
© 2020 Cox Media Group