Justice for Noah: Local family fights for answers 2 years after toddler's killing

Justice for Noah: Local family fights for answers 2 years after toddler’s killing

This week marks 2 years since the death of 15-month-old Noah Larson.

On August 15th, 2016, the Woburn toddler and his twin sister Emelia were in babysitter's care at an apartment when a call was made to 911 about a possible seizure.

His parents tell Boston 25 News Anchor Kerry Kavanaugh, they were told he suffered a traumatic brain injury.  Noah never regained consciousness.

Content Continues Below

“After further testing, Emilia had 7 bone fractures,” the twins’ mom, Lindsey Keane told Kavanaugh.   “It will be 2 years and there’s absolutely nothing, nothing new to be told or said,” Keane added

“I wake up every morning and it’s a nightmare. I’m just waiting for the dream to end. But, it’s not a dream.” Noah’s dad, Paul Larson, told Kavanaugh.

After 9 months, the medical examiner declared Noah's death a homicide.

But on the second anniversary of his death, no has faced any charges in the case. Lindsey and Paul tell Boston 25 News they were investigated by DCF and police but have since regained their custody. The babysitter was never charged.

The office of Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan tells Boston 25 News:

"Our office is actively pursuing the investigation into how and when Noah’s injuries were inflicted. We continue to be in contact with Noah’s family and their representatives throughout this process."

Kavanaugh sat down with extended family for the first time as the anniversary approached.  They’re vowing to get answers about the one they lost.

“You’re missing a piece of your heart… that’s what it is,” Timothy Bourassa, Noah's paternal grandfather told Kavanaugh.

“It’s time. We want answers,” said Noah’s maternal grandmother, Kendra Carpentar.

Noah’s maternal grandfather Bill Carpentar added, “Try to put yourselves in our shoes,  You would want to know what happened. You would want some justice for your children.”