BOSTON — High school athletes are getting more information as to what their season may look like. There are still a lot of unknowns, but the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA) outlined what it expects from its first season of sports amid a global pandemic.
You can read the rules modifications for fall sports at the links below:
You can read the MIAA’s full guidance here.
Cities in the state’s high-risk or red category may not play school sports and the organization created a “floating” season to address sports that may need another time to be played.
MIAA 2020-2021 H.S. Sports Seasons:
- September 18 to November 20: Fall Sports
- November 30 to February 21: Winter Sports
- February 22 until April 25: Fall Sports II aka "floating season"
- April 26 and end July 3: Spring Sports
The MIAA also approved:
- No Fall or Fall II post-season tournaments
- Travel will be limited for the fall season
- Out of season coaching will be allowed, as approved by each school’s principal
- Student-athletes will be allowed to take part in all four sports seasons
The earliest practices can begin is September 18.
READ THE EARLIER FULL STATEMENT BELOW: