BOSTON — The Boston Symphony Orchestra may not be performing at Tanglewood this summer, but you’ll be able to experience the annual festival online.
The digital festival includes both free archival performances and newly-recorded performances that you can buy.
The week 2 lineup includes pianist Paul Lewis and Emanuel Ax, as well as Master Classes and a Beethoven series in honor of the composer’s 250th birthday:
• July 8 at 8 p.m.: Recitals from the World Stage featuring pianist Paul Lewis performing Beethoven's Diabelli Variations, hosted by Karen Allen
• July 11 at 8 p.m.: Great Performers in Recital with pianist Emanuel Ax performing an all-Beethoven recital, hosted by Nicole Cabell
• July 10 at 8 p.m.: BSO Musicians in Concert with Associate Principal Horn Richard Sebring playing works by Schumann, Dukas, Mozart, and the world premiere of two of his own works; Mr. Sebring is joined for this program by fellow BSO members Cathy Basrak, Rachel Childers, Tatiana Dimitriades, Mickey Katz, Kathryn Sievers, and Michael Winter, as well as guest artists Vytas Baksys and Charles Overton; the program is hosted by Lauren Ambrose
• July 7 at 1 p.m.: In honor of the composer's 250th birth anniversary, TLI Celebrates Beethoven series begins with a film screening of Inside the Hearing Machine
• July 9 at 1 p.m.: TLI ShopTalks featuring saxophonist James Carter and composer Roberto Sierra in conversation
Click here for a sneak peek of pianist Paul Lewis's performance of Beethoven's Diabelli Variations
Featured retrospective content:
• July 6 at 8 p.m.: Tanglewood Music Center Orchestra Encore Performances of Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, Haydn's Symphony No. 97, and Ravel's Daphnis et Chloé Suite No. 2, led by BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons and conductor Stefan Asbury.
• July 8 at 1 p.m.: TLI MasterPass presents a master class with pianist Paul Lewis teaching Fellows of the Tanglewood Music Center
• July 12 at 2:30 p.m.: BSO Encore Performances (August 2015) of BSO Music Director Andris Nelsons conducting Shostakovich's Tenth Symphony and Beethoven's Triple Concerto with pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet, violinist Renaud Capuçon, and cellist Gautier Capuçon, hosted by Jamie Bernstein
• July 12 at 10 a.m.: Tanglewood Music Center Fellows playing chamber music by Poulenc, Bruckner, Ninfea Cruttwell-Read, Grieg, Tomasi, R. Strauss, Theo Chandler, and Hindemith, hosted by Norman Fischer with Tom Siders
Download the free Boston 25 News app for up-to-the-minute push alerts