Fallen utility pole sparks gas fire in Wenham

WENHAM, Mass. --  Several homes in Wenham have been evacuated after flames burst from an underground gas line.

According to police and fire officials, a utility pole was knocked down, and one of the electrical wires sparked when it hit the ground, causing the gas line to ignite.

Images from the scene so flames shooting more than 30 feet in the air.

Police Chief Thomas Perkins said there have not been any damage to homes or other property.

Utility crews are working to shut off the gas and electric service in the area so they can extinguish the flames.

>>LIVE UPDATES: Flooding begins along coast as large waves crash over seawalls